Tuesday, September 14, 2010

REVIEW: "Remix" by Lexi Revellian

A quick read, "Remix," by Lexi Revellian, follows Caz Tallis as she becomes an unwitting accomplice in a cover-up. A dead rock star who shows up undead? An unsolved murder with many possible suspects? Someone is lying, but who is it? Caz is drawn into an unofficial investigation of sorts, and she finds herself unable to decide whether to follow her heart or the advice of others.

Caz is a very likable character, and I found myself rooting for her. The story unfolds easily, and the reader is pulled happily along as Caz struggles to decide who is lying to her and where the truth really lies. The characters are well drawn-out and engaging, the storyline fluid and entertaining. Details about Caz's home and career (restoring old rocking horses) added to the overall tone of the book and helped contextualize the out-of-the-ordinary happenings in Caz's life. I found myself unable to put the book down, wanting to read the next page, and the next, all to find out the next little nugget of information so I could figure out what the real story was.

Overall, I really enjoyed this story. My only complaint is that the climatic scene seems a little more drawn out than it needs to be. At one point I did find myself thinking "why is he dragging this out? Doesn't that put him more at-risk?" (I won't identify who "he" is, as I don't want to spoil the story for those who haven't read it!) I look forward to more books by Lexi Revellian!

4.5/ 5 stars

No comments: