Monday, January 10, 2011

Teaser Tuesday!



I saw this on The Crazy Bookworm and thought I'd give it a go this week! This is a weekly meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.

Here are the rules-- Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


So here's the teaser from the book I'm currently reading:




"Eclair looked at Dyla and shook his head; 
he didn't have anything else in his bag of
 tricks to cover this situation. There was no 
way he could hold the invisibility circle for 
that long or open a portal without alerting 
the sentries." 


page 75, "The Quest for Nobility" by Debra L. Martin

7 comments:

BLHmistress said...

Ummm- what are they running from good or bad? Welcome to TT's


My Teaser Tuesday

Marg said...

Welcome to Teaser Tuesday.

My teaser is here this week

Belinda said...

I like the sounds of this :) Good to see you!

You can find my FEVERED teaser at The Bookish Snob

Faye said...

I'm somewhat new to TT as well. Love how the meme surfaces genres that I may not normally read like your "Nobility" choice. Causes me to go searching in some interesting directions.

I chose the Swedish crime writer Henning Mankell's "The Man from Beijing" this week. Lots of psychological studies in his novels!

Click here: Summit Musings

Tribute Books Mama said...

here's mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/01/teaser-tuesday-high-spirits-tale-of.html

Emma Michaels said...

Happy Teaser Tuesday!
My teaser is here
Please check out and comment on my interview with a wonderful nonprofit 'Mom to Madre' that helps spread literacy to families and helps mothers adjust to differences in their lives when going from one language to another! Thank you!

Sincerely,
Emma Michaels
http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com

Sunny said...

Welcome to TT!

Great Tease, too!

Here’s my tease:
http://sunnyreads.blogspot.com/2011/01/teaser-tuesday-way-of-shadows-again.html