Hosted by Jennifer of Crazy for Books blog, the Book Blogger Hop asks: "If you could physically put yourself into a book or series…which one would it be and why?"
Ooh, that is a *really* difficult thing for me to answer. I could really see myself in a lot of different books! Maybe I'll go back in time... I always kind of saw myself as "Turtle" from "The Westing Game" by Ellen Raskin. There are so many more I could pick, but I'll leave it at that...
"GIVE US FIVE BOOK RELATED SILLY FACTS ABOUT YOU."
1) I am rarely without a book (my ereader, usually!)-- even if there's not chance I'll get to read it, it sits next to me at all times. I even read while brushing my teeth and putting in my contacts.... my mother used to get so exasperated with me "Grace! I have never met ANYONE in my life who read while (insert one: vacuuming, sweeping the floor, watching TV, using the computer, eating, etc)." Yes, I do read while making dinner and watching TV and just about everything you can imagine. If there's no book, I read the printed material on whatever's nearby.
2) I am not a "sharer" when it comes to books. I love to read them. I (now) love to review them. I hate to "discuss" them in the "can you recommend some books for someone who likes....." I'm just really bad at that! Books to me are really personal, and I have to reach out of my comfort zone to get into the "sharing" mode. I get the feeling that's weird.
3) I won many writing contests in my earlier days, and always imagined I'd be an author someday. With the exception of some professional articles, I haven't published anything, and don't really have the urge to do so right now. Writing was a huge outlet for me as a child, and it's not a priority for me now. I do quite a bit of writing for my job, however, then I write book reviews in my spare time, so I guess you could say I'm still writing...
4) There is truly no better smell than a book. Even the stinky moldy ones. And I say that even though I absolutely love my ereader!
5) I have never been a book collector. I'm a story collector. I used to spend hours and hours at the public library. I only stopped doing that recently, when I started using digital reading material. Now, I just spend an hour. :D
Well, I guess that was more like a thesis statement!